CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 15, 2008

The Night the Lights went out in Utah....

The boys and I recently shared a power outage, well of sorts....

Here is the back history:

Growing up we used to pretend the power was out, Miraculously the TV always worked~ no matter what. The light, phones, etc were all out of commission. We would get our candles and flashlights and settle in and watch a movie together. This was a very fun and memorable childhood tradition. I love it when the power goes out to this day!

The boys and I decided to adopt this tradition in our home. SO FUN!! They loved it! They each got there own flashlight. Lights, off. Cell Phone, off.  We all curled up together in my bed and watched American Tail as a family. It was a good memory we made. They now want the "power" to go out every night!

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea! We'll have to try that one with Lucy.....she'd love it!

we share: said...

How fun! We love to do that to! It was the best... especially with the candle holders. I am glad you guys had fun. I also must say that I think it is time to get Logan some new pj's. That's a WHOLE LOT of Spongbob. :) Ha! Ha!

Anonymous said...

That would be fun but we get the real experience about every month in the summer when the typhoons hit. Not so fun without the TV or air conditioning.

Brook

shelly said...

It looks like a ball! We like it when the power "goes out" here too. My kids ask for it all the time. You've started something girl. Good times.

The Birds said...

Cute tradition! I will have to try that! How is the house selling going?