CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 16, 2008

Blooming



There is something about flowers...they brighten the world and make people happy (women in particular), not really sure why exactly but it's true just the same.


My mother has always had beautiful flowers. Either in her yard or her potted planters they're always spectacular. I however, have not inherited that from her. Hopefully someday but for now I must find alternate methods. So for those of us who aren't green thumbs, too busy, too lazy, too forgetful, or are just plane negligent gardeners; I recently discovered something wonderful.


~~~These are MY flowers pots~~~




Are you dying to know the secret of my beautiful flowers? They are FaKe! The funniest part is that I had 3 people stop today while I was "planting" them and ask me where I got them!!!! Isn't that Ironic? Go figure. So after years killing many innocent flowers, I went totally artificial.


I never thought I'd be a fake, but never say never. Fake as there are they still make me happy when I see them on the porch.

4 comments:

Boyd said...

You know you're a redneck when...

shelly said...

I think your flowers look beautiful. You should add some ivy to really add to the potter feel.
Good curb appeal too...

we share: said...

oh man that is so so funny! I got a new plant and I have been so faithful to water it and I didn't even move it out of it's "store" pot to a prettier one because I killed like FIVE porch plants last year. I didn't get moms green thumb either! Darn. Anyways, the bottome leaves are starting to die and I just don't understand...
grr....I guess I'll be needing some silk flowers as well. They really are beautiful! Wow! They look really real. One less thing to worry about to boot. I think that was a smart idea sis!

L said...

I LOVE them Mel, maybe I shall copy...